Customize your Yosemite travel guide based on your road trip or airport approach to the park. On the form above, select to receive trip information directly from vacation partners for the regions you will be vacationing in.
Yosemite National Park Loop
Explore gateways surrounding the park.
- Yosemite Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals - Vacation homes, cabins and condominium lodging, many within the gates of Yosemite. Choose from over 100 properties in three locations.
- Yosemite/Mariposa County - Experience four seasons of adventure in Yosemite and Mariposa County.
- Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite - A Frommer’s Guide ‘Favorite’ and ‘Highly Recommended’ by Fodor’s, this historic resort has spacious cabins in the woods, dining, a classic tavern, a pool/hot tub and guided recreation.
- Visit Yosemite | Madera County - Experience California’s Gateway to Yosemite and discover the Fossils to Falls Trail.
- Yosemite Area Regional Transportation - Comfortable, Convenient, Economical Public Transit to Yosemite National Park. Watch the scenery, not the road!
- Tuolumne County, Yosemite Gold Country - Your north entrance to Yosemite National Park. Explore historic towns, wineries, fun dining, great lodging, excellent entertainment and exceptional scenery.
- Majestic Mountain Loop - A suggested itinerary for visitors to see three of California’s National Parks in as little as three days – Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Yosemite.
- Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite - Your Yosemite experience elevated. After a day filled with Yosemite adventure, relax in the comforts of newly-renovated guest rooms and a world-class Spa.
- Amtrak San Joaquins - Avoid traffic, get into Yosemite for free and enjoy California craft beer and regional wines along the way.
- Yosemite Hospitality - Authentic and memorable experiences in Yosemite including lodging, food and beverage service, guided bus and tram tours, events and programs, Wawona Stables, Yosemite Mountaineering School, Badger Pass Ski Area and Curry Village Ice Skating Rink.
- Bishop - Discover extraordinary beauty and the great outdoors east of Yosemite in Bishop, Calif. where the crowds are non-existent, trout-fishing and bouldering are world-class and locals are happy to see you.
- Calaveras County - Giant sequoias, huge caves and historic towns await in this beautiful corner of California, north of Yosemite.
- Chukchansi Gold Casino & Resort - Pamper yourself at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino just thirty miles south of Yosemite. Swim up to a poolside bar, get a pedicure or roll the dice.
- Inyo County - Explore the Sierra Nevada’s eastern side in Inyo County where you’ll find the lower 48’s highest and lowest points. The local museums are a can’t-miss.
- Millers Landing Resort - Just 20 minutes from Yosemite, Miller’s Landing Resort at Bass Lake offers a great basecamp full of lakeside fun, beautiful cabins and mouthwatering food.
- OARS - Experience two of Yosemite’s rivers for a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure with OARS California.
- Railtown 1897 State Historic Park - See the Yosemite area’s gorgeous scenery and fascinating gold-mining history aboard a historic train at Railtown 1897 Historic Park in Jamestown, Calif.
- Ridgecrest Chamber of Commerce - In the heart of the Mojave Desert, you’ll find a far-out desert scene where strangely formed rocks, a military base and ancient Native American art collide.
- Zephyr Whitewater - Zephyr Whitewater offers half-day to three-day rafting trips near Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks. These trips are family friendly.
California's Central Valley
Discover artisan stops in the cowboy capital.
- Oakdale, California - Rustic Oakdale is the Cowboy Capital of the World, chock-full of farmland, fresh and artisan foods, hiking rails, and handmade crafts. And of course, cowboy hats and rodeo.
- Stockton, California - Stockton is where rivers and culture come together! See classic paintings at the Haggin Museum including Albert Bierstadt's landscapes of Yosemite.
- Modesto, California - Explore this fun town where filmmaker George Lucas was born and where the E.&J. Gallo Winery, the largest family winery in the United States, is based.
- Visit Bakersfield - Perfect weekend trip or a week-long stay. Visit the historic Woolworth's Lunch Counter, watch wildlife at Wind Wolves Preserve, listen to music at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace or take a walking tour of public art downtown.
San Francisco Bay Area
Start your road trip to Yosemite in the Bay City.
- San Francisco's Tri-Valley - Located 30 miles east of Fisherman’s Wharf, SF’s Tri-Valley enjoys an average of 264 days of sunshine a year, making it “the sunny side of the Bay.”
- Alcatraz Cruises - Explore home to Al “Scarface” Capone and other notorious criminals at Alcatraz Island, the infamous prison on the only authorized concessionaire for ferrying passengers to the island.
- Blue & Gold Fleet - See the San Francisco Bay on a cruise to view the city’s skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island.
Coastal California Road Trip
Enjoy ocean views plus food and wine on the way to Yosemite.
- Explore Lompoc - Grapevines stretch across farms in this area historically known for its Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. Visit Art Alley or the La Purisima Mission State Historic Park.
- Ventura County Coast - After exploring Channel Islands National Park, enjoy the beaches, trails, whale watching, and historic sites in Oxnard, Camarillo, Hueneme and Ventura.
- Ventura Visitors Bureau - Between Channel Islands National Park and the National Marine Sanctuary just off shore, discover the foothills of Los Padres National Forest and two of California's longest flowing open rivers.
- City of Pismo Beach - Pismo Beach is Classic California. Our beach town offers affordable ocean front accommodations, romantic sunsets, Premium Outlet shopping, wine tasting and fresh seafood. Perfect getaway.
- Gilroy Welcome Center - Visit the Garlic Capital of the World. Taste garlic-laced dishes at our numerous restaurants; stroll through historic downtown followed by a shopping spree at Gilroy Premium Outlets.
- Santa Maria Valley - World-famous barbecue, fine wines, natural splendors and cultural riches have cultivated our reputation as the “Land of Food and Wine” in Northern Santa Barbara County.
- Highway 1 Discovery Route - Along the 101 miles, you’ll find three wine regions, 10 uncrowded beaches and 12 state parks, including the Hearst Castle, and numerous charming towns.
- Ventura Harbor Village - Easy access to Channel Islands National Park, a gorgeous beach and a lively seaside experience.
- Conejo Valley - Feel at home, while getting away. Enjoy a hike, visit a historic ranch, take to the golf course, lounge by the pool, catch a show, or go wine tasting.
- Travel Paso - Even though Paso Robles has been regarded as California's hot “new” destination, Paso remains true to its roots and maverick nature. Sample the local almonds and olive oil, soak in hot sulfur springs or take a wine tour.
- Visit Oxnard - Play on the white sandy beaches, venture to Channel Islands National Park just 11 miles offshore and visit the city's attractions such as the Carnegie Art Museum.
- Visit Santa Barbara - There are seaside escapes. Then there’s a gentle crescent of California coast connecting breathtaking beaches, soaring mountains, verdant vineyards, elevated enclaves and eclectic communities. That’s more than beautiful, it’s Santa Barbara Brilliant.
- Visit Camarillo - Just 15 minutes from the beach, Camarillo offers affordable hotels and an opportunity to explore an organic produce farm, shop at discount outlets and see the local art scene.
- California’s Central Coast - Head out on 350 miles of the world’s most beautiful coastline. Discover coastal roads, Pacific sunsets, national and state parks, world-class wine regions and classic beach towns.
Escape to this beautiful alpine lake, nicknamed "the bowl," surrounded by majestic mountain peaks.
- Carson City, Nevada - Full to the brim of outdoor adventures, fine restaurants, challenging golf courses, historical attractions, museums, gaming opportunities and a plethora of events and entertainment.
Tour Guides and Tour Apps
Don't miss a thing by following an expert - a literal "Yosemite Travel Guide."
- GyPsy Guide Yosemite Driving Tour App -Listen to an expert tour guide automatically play interesting and entertaining commentary as you go.
- Wildland Trekking Guided Hiking Vacations - Go on an unforgettable hiking vacation. There's a tour that fits nearly anyone who loves to hike in world-renowned, breathtaking landscapes.
- Lasting Adventures - Yosemite backpacking trips, day hikes, and outdoor youth summer camps. Yosemite's #1 backcountry tour guide focusing on memories to last a lifetime.
- Yosemite Sierra Travel Concierge - Delivering unique experiences that create life-long memories. Services include customizing travel itineraries, booking reservations and assisting in logistical travel planning.
Privacy | Terms of Service