Customize your Yosemite travel guide based on your road trip or airport approach to the park. On the form above, select to receive trip information directly from vacation partners for the regions you will be vacationing in.
Yosemite National Park Loop
Explore gateways surrounding the park.
- Yosemite/Mariposa County - Experience four seasons of adventure in Yosemite and Mariposa County.
- Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite - A Frommer’s Guide ‘Favorite’ and ‘Highly Recommended’ by Fodor’s, this historic resort has spacious cabins in the woods, dining, a classic tavern, a pool/hot tub and guided recreation.
- Visit Yosemite | Madera County - Experience California’s Gateway to Yosemite and discover the Fossils to Falls Trail.
- Tuolumne County, Yosemite Gold Country - Your north entrance to Yosemite National Park. Explore historic towns, wineries, fun dining, great lodging, excellent entertainment and exceptional scenery.
- Majestic Mountain Loop - A suggested itinerary for visitors to see three of California’s National Parks in as little as three days – Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Yosemite.
- Tenaya at Yosemite - Your Yosemite experience elevated. After a day filled with Yosemite adventure, relax in the comforts of newly-renovated guest rooms and a world-class Spa.
- Yosemite Hospitality - Authentic and memorable experiences in Yosemite including lodging, food and beverage service, guided bus and tram tours, events and programs, Wawona Stables, Yosemite Mountaineering School, Badger Pass Ski Area and Curry Village Ice Skating Rink.
- Bishop - Discover extraordinary beauty and the great outdoors east of Yosemite in Bishop, Calif. where the crowds are non-existent, trout-fishing and bouldering are world-class and locals are happy to see you.
- Calaveras County - Giant sequoias, huge caves and historic towns await in this beautiful corner of California, north of Yosemite.
- Airborrn Aviation Services - Experience the national park from above on a scenic airplane tour of the Sierra Mountains and Yosemite National Park.
California's Central Valley
Discover artisan stops in the cowboy capital and Yosemite's sister parks, Sequoia and Kings Canyon.
- Oakdale, California - Rustic Oakdale is the Cowboy Capital of the World, chock-full of farmland, fresh and artisan foods, hiking rails, and handmade crafts. And of course, cowboy hats and rodeo.
- Stockton, California - Stockton is where rivers and culture come together! See classic paintings at the Haggin Museum including Albert Bierstadt's landscapes of Yosemite.
- Modesto, California - Explore this fun town where filmmaker George Lucas was born and where the E.&J. Gallo Winery, the largest family winery in the United States, is based.
- Visit Bakersfield - Perfect weekend trip or a week-long stay. Visit the historic Woolworth's Lunch Counter, watch wildlife at Wind Wolves Preserve, listen to music at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace or take a walking tour of public art downtown.
- Delaware North Sequoia - Stay in Sequoia National Park at Wuksachi Lodge, John Muir Lodge, Grant Grove Cabins, Cedar Grove Lodge or Bearpaw High Sierra Camp Tent Cabins.
- Explore Elk Grove - In the heart of California, Elk Grove is nestled between wine country and the waterways of the California Delta where people are never too busy for the finer things in life.
San Francisco Bay Area
Start your road trip to Yosemite in the Bay City.
- San Francisco's Tri-Valley - Located 30 miles east of Fisherman’s Wharf, SF’s Tri-Valley enjoys an average of 264 days of sunshine a year, making it “the sunny side of the Bay.”
- Alcatraz Cruises - Explore home to Al “Scarface” Capone and other notorious criminals at Alcatraz Island, the infamous prison on the only authorized concessionaire for ferrying passengers to the island.
Coastal California Road Trip
Enjoy ocean views plus food and wine on the way to Yosemite.
- Explore Lompoc - Grapevines stretch across farms in this area historically known for its Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. Visit Art Alley or the La Purisima Mission State Historic Park.
- Ventura County Coast - After exploring Channel Islands National Park, enjoy the beaches, trails, whale watching, and historic sites in Oxnard, Camarillo, Hueneme and Ventura.
- Ventura Harbor Village - Tucked along a harbor filled with beautiful boats and lined with flowers, it’s home to the Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center, water sports, seafood restaurants and shopping.
- City of Pismo Beach - Pismo Beach is Classic California. Our beach town offers affordable ocean front accommodations, romantic sunsets, Premium Outlet shopping, wine tasting and fresh seafood. Perfect getaway.
- Gilroy Welcome Center - Visit the Garlic Capital of the World. Taste garlic-laced dishes at our numerous restaurants; stroll through historic downtown followed by a shopping spree at Gilroy Premium Outlets.
- California’s Central Coast - Head out on 350 miles of the world’s most beautiful coastline. Discover coastal roads, Pacific sunsets, national and state parks, world-class wine regions and classic beach towns.
- San Benito County - Undiscovered Pinnacles National Park, a gorgeous wine trail and historic Mission San Juan Bautista await. Cienega Road is like driving through a Pinterest board—it’s just so gorgeous.
- Paso Robles - Halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, mere miles from the Pacific Ocean, Paso Robles is a community of wineries, cowboys and surfers. If you’re ready to “go country” in idyllic wine country, Paso Robles has you covered.
- Visit Santa Barbara - Enjoy breathtaking beaches, bountiful vineyards and an incredible variety of local food and wine at this historic California coastal playland.
- San Simeon - Situated on one of the most beautiful stretches of Highway 1, San Simeon is the place to watch the elephant seals at the Piedras Blancas rookery, tour the world-famous Hearst Castle and much more.
- Discover Buellton - This area’s unique weather is the secret behind its world-class Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. It also brings out a sense of adventure. Go hike, bike or ride horseback. Explore the gardens and ostrich farm.
- Santa Cruz County - Find great surf, sandy beaches, redwood-covered mountains, laid-back towns organic farms, and a burgeoning beer and wine scene in Santa Cruz County.
Tour Guides and Tour Apps
Don't miss a thing by following an expert - a literal "Yosemite Travel Guide."
- GyPsy Guide Yosemite Driving Tour App -Listen to an expert tour guide automatically play interesting and entertaining commentary as you go.
- Wildland Trekking Guided Hiking Vacations - Go on an unforgettable hiking vacation. There's a tour that fits nearly anyone who loves to hike in world-renowned, breathtaking landscapes.
- Lasting Adventures - Yosemite backpacking trips, day hikes, and outdoor youth summer camps. Yosemite's #1 backcountry tour guide focusing on memories to last a lifetime.